Simon Doty and Yan Larouche Oct 19th, 20th
“Simon has burst onto the DJ and production scene this year with the world taking note. He is a fast rising star” -John Acquaviva
In a very short time Simon Doty has captivated the underground music world. Since his first release on definitive recordings in february of 2012 he has gone on to have a very strong year. His tracks have been charted, supported and played by artists like Umek, John Acquaviva, Mark Knight, Roger Sanchez, DJ Dan, Prok and Fitch, DJ PP, Filthy Rich, Roy Rosenfeld, David Herrero, Mario Ochoa, Matteo Dimarr and many more?
Simon has had several chart topping tracks in recent months. His tracks “tribalation”, and “disco youth” entered into the top 50 of the beatport genre chart, while “ladders” and “never or now” had even greater success entering into the top 25 on the beatport genre charts.He has done remixes for established artists like DJ PP, Vlada Asanin and most recently his remix of Mladen Tomic’s classic track “Before Sunset” was featured on the Definitive All Star Remixers 2012 Compilation.Simon has also had large scale success as a DJ, this year alone being billed alongside names like John Acquaviva, Olivier Giacomotto, DJ Tonio Lazy Rich, Da Fresh, Lutzenkirchen, Sydney Blu, Matt Darey, and many more. As a DJ Simon infuses elements of Techno and House together to create high energy , dance floor filling underground music sets. Watch out for this young star who continues to rise.
1. Hollen – Klone (DJ Simi Remix) (Sphera Records)
2. DJ PP – La Luna (Toolroom)
3. Roy Rosenfeld – iLike (Khainz Remix) (Rusted Records)
4. Belocca – Way of Thinking – (Mainground Music)
5. Federico Scavo – Crazy Tool (Gianni Scotto Remix) (Definitive Recordings)
6. Tocadisco and Ahmet Sendil – Old School (Ahmet Sendil Mix) (Toolroom)
7. Simon Doty – RUREADY? (Definitive Promo)
8. John Acquaviva, Manuel De La Mare, Luigi Rocca – Shaken not Slurred (Gabriel D’or and Bordoy Remix) (Definitive Recordings)
9. Kiko and Mihalis Safras – Twix (Toolroom)
10. Siwell and Mihalis Safras – Method Man (Toolroom)
11. Simon Doty – Back in Black (Promo)
12. Tomaz, Filterheadz – Sunshine (Umek Remix) (1605)
Yan was introduced to electronic music in 2003, where he first fell in love with the energy and the people in the EDM culture. DJ Mushin was the one who showed him everything he needed to know to play music as a DJ. Since then he’s been spending most of his free time in the studio, producing and mixing non-stop, in progressive house and techno. His main influences are Steve Lawler, John Digweed, Eurphun and Bleda Diaz.
In 2008, he started his own event organizing company “4Play Productions” and was one of the main sponsors @ Ottawa Electronic Music Festival and Electronic Paradise 2.
1. Hybrid – Last Man Standing (Original)
2. Mark Broom – Verve (Gary Beck Remix)
3. Pig & Dan – Mooshi (Original)
4. Booka Shade – Regenerate (Pan-Pot Remix)
5. Erphun – N2 (Mark Broom Remix)
6. Erphun & Subfractal – Stones (Original)
7. Alan Fitzpatrick – Xenomorph (Original)
8. Drehkontrolle – Der Sturm
9. Alan Fitzpatrick – Blixx (Original)
10. Mark Reeve – Arena (Original)
11. Cari Lekebusch – Steady Motion (Alan Fitzpatrick Gets Ravey)
12. Mark Reeve , Dean Demanuele & Pig Dan – Machines (Original Mix)
13. Applescal – Your English Song (Spada Remix)