About Fresh Beat
PDF version of About Fresh Beat:
Version PDF de à propos de Fresh Beat:
Fresh Beat’s mission statement:
To foster electronic music countrywide by showcasing talented Canadian DJs at public events, on FM radio, or on the Internet. Consequently, to reach dedicated fans, as well as neophytes, by making a wide variety of electronic music genres available to all.
Fresh Beat’s philosophy:
We wish to make electronic music accessible to the masses, bringing together music lovers of all ages, races, languages, and social backgrounds. We want to be perceived as professional, positive, open-minded, creative and respectful… and that’s the kind of crowd we try to attract.
Fresh Beat’s radio show:
Aired every week on Fridays and Saturdays, we produce a two-hour, cutting edge, radio show featuring the best Canadian house-music DJs and special guests from around the world.
In the past few months, host Steve Martin showcased these artists and more on Fresh Beat:
• Martin Villeneuve, Jason Jesse, and Rick Laplante (Ottawa, Canada)
• Misstress Barbara, Nymra & Sofisticated, DJ Mini, X-Cube (Montreal, Canada)
• Skoozbot, Bon Spengler (U.S.A.)
• Vicky Devine (U.K.)
• Minicoolboyz (Italy)
• Ninna V. (Portugal)
• Matt G. (Argentina)
• Electro-Nico (Uruguay)
The Fresh Beat radio show is broadcast on these fine channels:
• CJFO FM 94.5 in Ottawa (Ontario)
• CFAI FM 101.1 / 105.1 in Edmundston (New Brunswick)
• CFBO FM 90.7 FM in Moncton (New Brunswick)
• Available as a podcast in the iTunes store
• Due to its high-quality programming, the show has recently been selected for distribution by the ARC, a Canadian radio network comprising 27 FM radio stations spread out over 9 provinces and 2 territories in Canada.
Fresh Beat events
Since we began, we have also founded, produced or been involved in large-scale electronic music events, attracting growing crowds. These non-profit outdoor shows are geared towards the promotion of talented local music producers and DJs. One of the keys to Fresh Beat’s success is the careful selection of locations for our performance stages: accessible, central, and esthetically interesting.
• Fresh Beat Electronic Festival (Ottawa ON)
We founded and produced Ottawa’s first Electronic Music Festival at the renowned Confederation Park (NCC). Back by popular demand, the second edition of Ottawa’s Fresh Beat EMF is already scheduled for summer 2011.
• Fresh Beat at La foire Brayonne (Edmundston NB)
For the third year in a row, this exciting annual public festival has invited us to perform in front of thousands of music enthusiasts.
• Fresh Beat at Canada Day (Ottawa ON)
On the 1st of July 2011, we are producing Fresh Beat at Canada Day in the middle of the action on the grounds of the National Gallery of Canada in Downtown Ottawa.
Fresh Beat contact info
General Director / Directeur général
Sponsorship and Resource Manager / Gestionnaire des ressources et commandites